We have hit the terrible twos for sure! Today she woke Terry up at 4 AM because she wanted her slippers back on that fell off when she was sleeping. Then she woke him up again at 6 for the day. She threw several fits throughout the morning when she didn't get what she wanted. Thankfully, she took a 2 and a half hour nap. We were sure that would fix the crankiness, but we were wrong! We decided to take Eva to the mall this afternoon so that we could get out of the house, and I could shop for books for my summer classes. During the course of our trip, she layed down and threw 2 temper tantrums. We have learned to laugh at her and walk away as she gets in this mode. So far, it seems to work pretty well. As soon as we laugh and turn to walk away, she jumps up to follow us, still whining, but at least not screaming.
After the afternoon of fits, we had a terrific evening! Something about taking a bath changed her mood 180 degrees. She was very loving and helpful around the house after her bath. She has decided she loves to "do Mommy's hair". She continually gave me hugs all night. It was during moments like these that I realize how lucky I am to have such a loving, beautiful, happy, and healthy little girl. I am very blessed this Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment